Yummy Chocolate Cookies:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon espresso
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut butter and jelly:
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons strawberry jam
3 tablespoons chopped maraschino cherries
3 tablespoons chopped candied orange
3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
3 tablespoons chopped semisweet chocolate
Peanut butter, banana and marshmallow:
3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 small banana, diced
1/4 cup mini marshmallows
Dulce de leche:
1/4 cup dulce de leche Malted milk ball:
1/2 cup chopped malted milk balls
2 tablespoons chocolate malted powder
Espresso chocolate chunk:
1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
2 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons pureed and strained blackberries
3 tablespoons fudge sauce
1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
Yummy chocolate cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Sift the fl our, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso, and salt into a bowl. Reserve.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla, then mix well.
4. Add the reserved dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Form 1/4-cup portions of dough into 8 balls. Arrange 4 balls on each cookie sheet and flatten with a spatula.
6. Bake in the center of the oven until set, about 10 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing with a spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to add mix-ins to your ice cream:Soften a 14-ounces container of vanilla ice cream in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Place the ice cream in a bowl and swirl in ingredients. You’ll get the best results if you use a dinner knife to stir. Return the mixture to the freezer to harden, about 1 hour.
To assemble the ice cream sandwiches:Place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom cookie. Gently press a second cookie over the ice cream. For even more variations, pat chopped nuts, shaved chocolate, toasted coconut, chopped M&M’s, or sprinkles onto the sides of the sandwiches. Or spread jam on the inside of the cookies for another layer of flavor. Freeze until ready to serve. The ice cream variations and sandwiches are best eaten the day they are made.
Recipe thanks to Epicurious.com