Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Featured Seller- Fifi du Vie

Featured Seller -Izabella of Fifi du Vie


I fell in love with Izabella's shop when I cam across one of her posters that said "Oh Darling, let's be Adventurers." I think this is such a gorgeous statement. All of her sayings are so happy and fresh so adding her to this series was a no brainer. She is super nice and easy to work with too!
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I was artistic growing up, but I always thought I would go into science and become a Marine Biologist.

2. If you went to college where did you go and what was your major?
I went to Barnard College in New York City and majored in Urban Studies and Architecture.

3. What are your favorite materials to work with?
My favorite materials are acrylic, textured paper, metal and wood. I like to work with very simple materials.

4. If you could have any other profession what would it be?
Before starting to work full time on Fifi du Vie, I worked in merchandising which was a lot of fun. If I had any other profession now, I would love to be a furniture designer or art teacher (or maybe both!).


5. How did you discover Etsy and what made you decide to sell on it?
I started selling jewelry on Etsy at first many years ago under a different shop name. I came across the site while shopping for gifts and immediately loved it. The supportive community, ease of use and awesome customers made it an easy choice to use as a platform when I started Fifi du Vie in 2010.

6. If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing about selling on Etsy what would it be?
I would tell myself to plan ahead more. I do a lot of trial and error with photographs, sales and designs. I wish I had set my line, photographs, and calendar before I ever launched the site.

You can see the rest of her wonderful shop here:
Fifi du Vie

Best,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment