Sunday, January 15, 2012

Featured Seller- Pretties by Meg



Pretties By Meg
Seller- Megan Lane

I bought a pair of pink earrings from Pretties By Meg at the Detroit Urban Craft fair for my sister for Christmas and she totally loved them. She had such a cute booth and her shop is fantastic. She takes great photos of her work which really make a difference in her shop.


1. WHat did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was real little, I wanted to be a "star," aka a singer and actress. In high school/college, I was leaning toward becoming an editor/writer.
2. If you went to college where did you go and what was your major?
I went to Central Michigan University and majored in English with a minor in Psychology.
3. What are your favorite materials to work with?
Pretty vintage beads and antiqued metals.

4. If you could be in any other profession what would it be?
Probably an interior designer/decorator or a music therapist.
5. How did you discover Etsy?
I discovered Etsy while planning my wedding about four years ago. I decided to sell on it around a year later, when I was at a day job that was boring me to death. I needed a creative outlet!
6. If you could go back in time and tell yourself anything about working on Etsy what would it be?
Hmm, that's a tough one. I think I would tell myself to not be timid about self-promotion, particularly through Twitter. It was awhile before I got started on that.


Shop Now!

Best,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment