Friday, June 19, 2009

Feeling Crafty as always....

So as you might know I went to Chicago for a few days this week, which was really fun. I love Chicago, they whole vibe of the city is just awesome. We traveled around and at one point we ended up in Oak Park. It's this great mini version of downtown. They have a Borders and a few restaurants including Cosi, which is my favorite. They also have a Paper Source!! Now I don't know if any of you have been to a Paper Source but it is like heaven for any crafty/artsy type person. They have beautiful scrap booking and card making paper and other paper products along with a few gifty things. It's really cute.

Anyway, I really needed some business cards and didn't want to spend much. I have been looking around for a while with no luck. I did find one shop on Etsy that had super great business cards but I wanted a custom order and she was swamped. There goes that idea. So then I went through this whole fiasco with buying some that you make online with special paper at home. BAD idea, it was a disaster. They kept missing the template when they printed and I was having ink issues. Then my printer jammed and I gave up. Sooo when I was in Chicago and in Paper source I found that they had blank colored business cards in beautiful colors!! I was so happy. You can buy 25 cards for $2.50 so I bought 2; 25 in pool blue and 25 in chartreuse. I also found this perfect button stamp for $4. So I ended up getting 50 custom business cards for under $10. It was a very successful shopping experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment