Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh Etsy, why must you hurt me


This pretty little bird necklace is by popsicledrum
Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE Etsy and I love that I get the opportunity to sell the things I make in a great environment. But Dear Lord, these changes that they have been making seem to be a disaster.
They have deleted 5, count them 5, of our Forum sections. GAHHHHH I love, well loved, the forums. Now we have lost many of the places where we get to meet the fabulous people that use Etsy, discuss news topics, promote our shops and the Techniques and Materials section.
Also the Search changes are just blasphemy. I personally noticed immediately when something had changed because I can't find a thing! My shop is virtually unsearchable now and views have plummeted. I have seen a few forum posts in the Ideas section and people seem to be feeling the same way.
I typed in "house pillow" trying to find these cute pillows with embroidered houses I have seen a few times and I didn't see ONE pillow with houses on it.
So thank you for listening to this rant.
Rant complete.

1 comment:

  1. I've been away from the forums for awhile - sorry to hear that the changes are perhaps not all for the best!

    ReplyDelete