Saturday, December 24, 2011

Featured Seller No.1- The Paper Machines



The Paper Machines
Seller- Raphaela Cornut


1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I was home schooled so I had a lot of time for daydreaming and reading books.
I wanted to be a chemist, a pilot and a school teacher all at once. I was playing the violin and that became soon a career plan. But I was always drawing, sewing, making up plays and riding my bike instead of practicing.

2. If you went to college where did you go and what was your major?
I actually got a degree in violin and taught and played in orchestra for a few years, before realising it wasn't what I wanted to do everyday.

3. What are your favorite materials to work with?
Everything, I have a particular feel about materials and most of the time the material gives me the idea to create something. I usually go and hunt for nothing in particular. I sometimes come back with leather scraps, sometimes with antique lace. My studio/room is filled to the brim with old things awaiting to be transformed.

4. If you could have any other profession what would it be?
I would like to be a primary school teacher or an anthropologist.

5. How did you discover Etsy and what made you decide to sell on it?
By accident browsing the web. I thought about selling the things that I made in shops but I was a little too shy and unorganized. But having a full time job and no plans, it took me a little while to get started, I only figured out what I really liked to do a few months ago.

6. If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing about selling on Etsy what would it be?
I've tried out a lot of different things and find it hard to fit all my ideas into one shop so guess I would have started with some kind of plan. But that's not the way I do things so I guess it was all necessary mistakes.
But I'm happy to do what I like all day and that's all that matters.

You can check out her fantastic shop here!


Best,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment